Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Topics include (but not limited to): growth (types and locations), impacts of growth on city services and infrastructure

I’d like to know if there’s a list of the areas that will be conserved. Woods, hiking trails, historic areas…

Hello, is there a plan to build an indoor/outdoor swimming pool for our local and school swim teams? At this time, athens swimmers are traveling outside the city for swim practices; in other words, athens recreation center is loosing funds as we are limited on hosting events and numbers of participants.

Hello,
    As a recent transplant to the west side of Athens, I would like to know if there are any plans to bring some businesses – such as grocery stores to this side of town. With all of the building that is going on in the west side, it seems that we should have some businesses here instead of having to fight traffic to go to the east side. I know it is difficult to balance business needs with keeping things quiet and rural.

Athens is on the verge of too rampant development for the roads and the number of cars on the road. There are going to be a lot of growing pains.
    I was struck by the comment by the refugee from Madison. The need for housing outweighs the current Plans for roads and how to keep quality of life in the city. We don’t want the tail to wag the dog.

The planning commission must see their job as not to just enhance the tax base with unfettered growth and be the keepers of the Charm, Quality of Life, and the Makers of the Aesthetics for Athens. There is a point when there will be over priced buildings that will not sell because the Inflation is here for the time being.

Sidewalks are a must for areas that are isolated from others. There is a sidewalk fund which was started, and it should be enhanced.
    With all the growth down Lindsey Lane to Bucee’s there should be a safe way to bicycle, walk ,or crawl, anywhere along that road.
    It should tie in to the future Bicycling trail in the plans for Limestone, Morgan, and Madison counties

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.